Re: Grinding Gears

To: dugan127 <dugan127@buffnet.net>
Subject: Re: Grinding Gears
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:26:14 -0600
Cc: spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Doug,

You might want to try the other extreme and push the clutch in while you
still have the accelerator pedal down.  It's a subtle difference and I
don't mean for you the rev the engine but it's a release clutch first
idea with the acc. pedal next in real short order.  I've always done
both pedals pretty much simultaneously but I've found this works on my
TR6. My old gearbox had the grinds going into third and it helped a lot
but it even helps a lot with the new OD tranny.  I can really go through
the gears quickly using that technique..no grinds.   Brad Kahler told me
about this riding with me in the 6 and hearing my third gear grind...not
sure if that adds or subtracts from the credibility.

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446
66TR4A CTC57806