'74 TR Sicks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '74 TR Sicks
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 20:43:49 -0400
Well folks, on 8/6 I sent my beloved TR 6 to my "trusted" mechanic to
have him do the water pump and wire the electronic fan.  Went to pick up
the beast on Tuesday - I guess it was - and started it.  Shut it off to
put the top down and tried to start it again and got nothing.  Later in
the week the shop owner - who I have known for 30 years (and trust) told
me that "low voltage" had caused my starter to be fried.  Now a week
later they can't get a replacement starter from their supplier.  SO, I
ordered one of Ted Schumacher's starters that several of you had
recommended.   Hopefully, this will cure the problem of not starting
when hot.  Hopefully, it won't be fried when I try to start it.
What do you think.
JS