Where does the tool roll go???????

To: <alvamike@aol.com>
Subject: Where does the tool roll go???????
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 18:37:16 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I have just finished my 4A and have a question as to how the jack, handle,
and tool roll were ORIGINALLY installed in the car.  I have to tool roll
belt
in the car but it seems to be of little use in holding the tools.  Was the
jack in  the tool roll or is it stored seperately?

Mike,
Put your extensive toolkit (AFAIR a box wrench, wheelwrench, a feeler
gauge/plug gapper and a jumbo thing looking like a hooked toothpick) in the
middle of the upturned spare wheel. The scissor jack had another black
plastic bag which also went in the spare wheel. For true authenticity, the
jack handle (a slightly strengthened hairgrip) went in with the spare wheel
too - and rattled. It is crucially important to have a rattling jack handle,
otherwise your 4A will NOT be authentic and 'factory fresh.'

Jonmac