Pepsi and Star Wars and such

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Pepsi and Star Wars and such
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:25:15 -0400
Star Wars Fans and Pepsi drinkers: (Notice I didn't say FELLOW Star Wars
...)

Anyone who has been drinking Pepsi lately has noticed that the cans are
promoting the latest Star Wars movie with portraits of various characters
from the movie.  It has been brought to my attention that the portrait of
the
Battle Droid has "TRIUMPH" emblazened on his one exposed shoulder.

Does this mean he was made from old Triumph parts?  Did George Lucas
get permission from Rover to use the Name?  And, lastly, does this mean
that just because he has the last name "Lucas" he feels he has the right
to use any and all LBC related trademarks?

Inquiring minds want to know.  (Not really but does any one know the
significance of the appearance of "TRIUMPH" on the driod?)

Dave Massey