Re: TR-3A: Shimmy at 50 MPH. Bad shocks?

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR-3A: Shimmy at 50 MPH. Bad shocks?
From: bob.annand@ns.sympatico.ca (bob annand)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:28:21 -0300
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

I recently had to deal with a very similar problem. It turned out to be a
combination of bent wheels and broken belts in the tires. The car always had a
bad shake in the front end despite everything being brand new. I blew a tire
while on the way to British Car Day in P.E.I. I put on my old bias ply spare
and made it to the meet. I then looked around at the tire dealers to try and
find a new tire. Most had never seen a 165R-15, let alone stocked one. There
happened to be a VW meet going on in the same area and they welcomed me with
open arms. Two new Cooper 165R-15 tires for $150 CDN installed!! I bought 2
more when I got home. 3 of my 4 Pirellis had broken belts. I put the 2 worst
rims on the rear and now my little TR runs like silk.

Bob Annand - 1959 TR3A - TS57799L