Re: Thief prevention via a fuel pump switch

Subject: Re: Thief prevention via a fuel pump switch
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:06:59 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

"Power British Performance Parts, Inc." wrote:

> Once I had a later TR-6 in that wouldn't start despite the confirmation of
>fuel flow
> and spark - DPO had hooked up vacuum line to brake booster with a T fitting
>and then
> into the charcoal evaporative line for the float bowls found on the later
>Zenith
> carbs.  When cranked, the float bowls would see the same vacuum as the
>venturis and no
> fuel was drawn up into the engine.

Now that's a _great_ idea.  Find a solenoid valve to switch the vacuum
around (I'll bet a fuel selector valve would work) and arrange it so the
solenoid has to be powered to not apply manifold vacuum to the float
bowls.  Work it in so it looks like part of the regular emission
controls, add a regular kill switch for the theif to find, I'll bet _no
one_ will be able to figure out the secret without prior knowledge.
And, I don't see any reason it couldn't be added to early cars without a
canister.

Randall