Hot tires TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot tires TR6
From: RACEGT6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:55:14 EDT
I am finally (slowly) thinking about replacing my aged Comp T/A's. Maybe I'll
even get some alloys. What is the nearest equivalent to my beloved (actually,
much liked) BFG's? Dry traction and handling with some modicum of control in
the occasional wet is paramount. I don't give a poop about ride quality,
treadwear life or price. OK, maybe price. Any 16" or 17" alloys available?
What is the hot setup for a TR6 these days? Also, anyone have experience with
TRF's competition handling kit? The goal is to maximize handling and make the
ride even worse than stock. A barely streetable car is no vice to me.
Thanks, Charlie

'71 GT6 race car
'74 TR6, sawn into three pieces and hoisted into my attic
'74 TR6 daily driver