Brake Master Cyl (Cont.)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Master Cyl (Cont.)
From: SpeedSites@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 19:02:42 EDT
Ok, so I got the thing apart and it looks clean...

then I notice the RUST beneath the portal that leads to the fluid reservoir.
I assume this means I should do a mild honing? Or will a brisk cleaning with,
say, a rough rag do it (the rust is light and loose)? If I need to hone,
should I use some light oil while I hone?

All input appreciated on this "auto mechanics 101" forum.

PS: A 1/2" allen key is a tough find, but Sears came to the rescue for $9.