Bios

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bios
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 14:50:05 -0700
I feel compelled to submit the vital details of my meager existence so
here goes:

Name: Joe Curry
Age: 52 (April Fool's Day baby)
Marital Status: Married to the same woman for 24 years (first and last
marriage).
Children: 2 (to speak of)  Son 23 and daughter 20.

Son is a Quality Control consultant for E-Toys. Lives in Newport Beach
CA owns a Mk2 Spitfire
Daughter is a full time student at Pima College, Tucson AZ works for
Best Western Hotel at the airport.  Drives a a '65 VW bug.

After leaving the USAF, I went to work for Texas Instruments in various
capacities, (tech writer, Support supervisor, computer sales, retail
store manager) and was laid off in 1987 when TI sold their computer
division to HP.  After that I started my own computer consulting
business and maintained it until earlier this year when I packed it in,
sold the house and moved lock, stock and barrel to the Tucson Arizona
area.  I am in the process of building a new home with 4+ car garage for
my toys.  I remain unemployed but am open for offers 8^)

I began my interest in British cars when my dad bought a '61 Morris
Minor.  It was a neat car that I thoroughly enjoyed driving (and
abusing).  Dad is dead now, so I don't fear any repercussions.  I have
owned a '64 Anglia (Royal Mail) van, a '52 MGTD, a '67 MGB and my two
'63 Spitfires, in addition to the following US iron: '36 Dodge '55
Chevy, '67 Camaro, '71 Dodge Pickup, '73 Monte Carlo, '75 Corvette, '75
Dodge MaxiVan, '75 Dodge (standard size) Van, '79 Buick Riviera, '80
Jeep CJ7, '81 Chevy S-10 Pickup, '82 Pontiac 4000, '84 Pontiac Firebird
SE, '87 Chrysler LeBaron GTS, '90 S-10 Blazer, '97 Jeep Wrangler Sport.
I may have missed one or two, but Hey! I'm getting old!

My other interests are Guitars (I have two) and if I ever get a chance
to play again, golf!  But right now, all my free time is taken up with
upkeep of the International Triumph Spitfire Database,  Making Decals
and camber compensators, building this new house and figuring how to get
my other Spitfire down here from Washington where it is stored.

Regards,
Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer