Bios

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bios
From: John Herlig <gargoyle@staffnet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 15:51:31 -0400
A quickie bio for you...

My car predates me; she is a 1959 and I am a 1964.  But Mozart predates
me as well, and I never felt that this fact disqualified me from
enjoying his music. I am, at 35, at least old enough to know what a
headlight adjuster is (my 65 VW Microbus always failed that part of the
Virginia inspection!) and how to dial on a phone that has no buttons,
just a rotary dial.

This past August 7th marked the 12 anniversary of my purchase of Trudi,
the 59 TR3.  She was a daily driver for the first 5 years or so, the a
flower box for 5 years, and then an occasional driver for the past 2 or
so.  I am fortunate enough to live near Fred Thomas, a personal pool of
wisdom deeper than the pit in his garage, and unfortunate to live near
Fred Thomas, because otherwise more people would think my car looks at
least OK.

This weekend, now that I've sold my house, I put the car in the market
in anticipation of a move to the beaches of North Carolina. Salt air and
an already rusty 40 year old Triumph?  I think not.  My 3 kids and I are
all very sad, my wife is dancing a jig.  Isn't that often the way?!?  I
told the kiddies that if we really love the car, she must be sold.

Thanks for bearing with the info, I love this forum and enjoy all of the
threads, even the ones that don't concern me.

~John Herlig
Stafford, Virginia, USA
1959 TR3  TS57074L