Re: TR4 Spare Wire Wheel

To: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <lambertd@flash.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Spare Wire Wheel
From: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:30:27 -0400
Cc: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Dennis & Bridget Lambert wrote:

>   (It would have been tough to lug a used, 15"
> wire wheel through the airports all the way to Southern California
> anyway - let alone four; that's why I didn't bid on them.)

Dennis-
I beg to differ! I have used the airlines to things home quite often.  The
biggest
catch was a windscreen for the Ford. That was from Victoria, British Columbia to
Atlanta GA. Not even a problem with customs!
In fact, when I go to England in September for the All Ford Rally, I'm going to
do
the exact same thing.  Three years later and that windscreen got knocked off the
shelf where it had been, no longer usable. And on Wednesday this week on a small
commuter airline I showed up with a box weighing 22 pounds and about 28 inches
long. Absolutely no problems.  BTW, you are allowed three pieces and 70 pounds
weight per ticket!
Cheers,
Frank Underwood
59 Ford Consul MKII 'lowline' convertible
http://home.aol.com/funder770
Atlanta GA USA (well sort of...)
oh yeah a 79 Spitfire 1500 too!