Re[2]:Carb saga

To: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson), "Radley; Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>, "'TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET'" <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re[2]:Carb saga
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:13:08 -0400
That should be tire TREAD............where the h did that h come from.

Subject:    Re:Carb saga
Author: Bud Rolofson
Date:       08/13/1999 2:08 PM

The jets can be set in the carb body from 0.085 to 0.145 inches deep as measured
from the top of the bridge in the carb body.  That's approximately 3/32 to 9/64
if you measure it with on of those tire thread measuring gages which is what
I've found to work best.  3/32 is leanest and 9/64 is richest so adjust
accordingly.  I set mine at 0.109 (7/64 inch) for Denver's altitude.  I drove
the jet in from the opposite side (inside the float chamber) and eyeballed it
initially then took a 3/8 inch bolt (file the bottom flat) with two nuts
threaded and locked together so it was as close to the correct depth as possible
and whacked the jet back down until my tire thread gage showed the depth I
wanted.  We're talking small differences in depth here so whack with finesse.

Apple hydraulics will sell you a $4 brass(?) drift (actually a Honda valve guide
I think) to drive the jets out and I used it to drive the new jet in too.  Of
course I will receive untold cash and prizes for mentioning this.

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446
66TR4A CTC57806