Lucky TR3B Owners

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucky TR3B Owners
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:08:16 -0400
We TR3B owners are fortunate indeed, because they didn't make many these
cars.  According to the last issue of the VTR journal, "The Vintage
Triumph", a total of 71, 613 TR3 and TR3A's were manufactured, but only
3,331 TR3B's.
Therefore, we have a fairly rare car -- only 4% of all TR3's are the "B"
version.  I sure realized that at VTR Portland, where there were about a
gazillion TR3's and 3A's, but only 4 or 5 B's.

 These cars are interesting for other reasons as well, particularly for the
variations in production versions.  They're full of surprises.

Incidentally, there was also a great article in that issue on the history of
the wet liner engine.  It's first application was not as a tractor engine --
that came second.

Anyone not joining VTR and receiving this journal is missing out on a great
resource.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B