Re: More TR 6 questions

To: trumpet@bellsouth.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More TR 6 questions
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 05:52:15 PDT
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: More TR 6 questions
>Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:41:14 -0400
>
>Ok, the word yesterday -from Mr. Mechanic was that my TR 6 had somehow
>destroyed another starter.  Second in two weeks & third in ten months.
>Does this make the hair on the back of your necks stand up with ideas?
>If so, I'll be glad to read them.
>Thanks,
>JS

    At this point you have to ask yourself two questions:

      1. Why is it happening? See if there is a consistent reason
          that your starter is failing. If you can... Correct it.

      2. How do I feel about originality? Let me suggest contacting
         Ted Schumacher of TS Imports to get one of the Nissan
         adapted starters. I replaced the starter on my TR4 with one
         of his Nippondenso units and have been extremely satisfied.
         This comes after a 10 year running battle with several Lucas
         rebuilt starters. I got so good at pulling starters I could
         do the job (which for me included removing the carbs intake
         manifold and dropping the header)in 35 minutes.

Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)