Re: TRF Summer Party Car Show

To: bill@cs.uofs.edu, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Summer Party Car Show
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:03:47 EDT
Cc: jswauger@microserve.net
Bill and List-

That TR5 is Charles Runyan's car (TRF proprietor).

I had the chance to drive it on Saturday from TRF to the Drive-In. As you
might expect, the car was very tight. What impressed me the most though was
the additional "spirit" of a PI (Petrol Injection) car. I have a 71 TR6 that
is a new restoration, so the suspension is as tight and as new as Charles';
however, the acceleration of the 6 is nothing like the response of the PI TR5!

After saying all that, I can rebuild the carbs on my car or send them off and
have them back inside 2 weeks for around $300. I can only imagine what it
would cost to sort out the PI if problems develop.

Hope this helps.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY