[TR6] max. wheel backspace (alloy wheels)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR6] max. wheel backspace (alloy wheels)
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 08:58:21 -0400
I have the opportunity to get a set of Carrol Shelby 8-spoke wheels
(Minilite-style, with polished rim).  I like the look of these quite a bit
more than the curerently available Panasport, Compomotive, and even
Minilite wheels.

My problem is that these particular wheels were previously on a Saab, and I
believe the backspace is way too high. Would I be crazy to try to get
spacers fit (I think they'd have to be 3/4" or so) and use longer studs?
Is there a remotely affordable way to have the centers redone?  Anybody
have a set with the proper backspacing that they'd be willing to trade even
up?  %-)

Specs on the Carrol Shelby Wheels

                Size:    5 1/2 J X 15H2
                Backspace:   4 3/4"