VTR 99-what I did......

To: Scions of Lucas <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR 99-what I did......
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 20:35:08 -0500
 My hats' off to all who were involved/responsible for making the
convention what it was...fantastic! Even though I only travelled an hour
to Portland, it was one of the best vacations I've had. It never ceases
to amaze me how great Triumph owners are and how much we have in
common.Living here in Maine we tend to lead a somewhat sheltered life
when it comes to LBC's (short summers,long winters). Walking up & down
Spring street by the hotel, I felt like a kid at Christmas looking at
all the "British iron". Participated in my first rally-we finished,
didn't get lost, and no divorce in the process! Watched Henry,Keith,
Bud, Andy, Mark and many other listers wrestling they're cars at the
autocross on friday, boy am I "snake-bit" now! After saturdays show &
banquet we drove home and nearly hit a large deer north of Poland
Springs (yes, THE Poland Spring) but managed to get around it unscathed.
Sunday, I met Bud Rolofson in Oxford and rallied to Bethel, via country
roads,to meet Phil Barnes. Proceeded to Mt. Washington and drove up the
infamous carraige road. Many photo op's on the way and Bud's TR-6 ran
better the higher we went. What a sight to see three 1971 Red TR-6's
sitting at 6000+ ft.!  The trip down was easy and the only casualty was
1 oil fouled plug on my 6. Limped it home, cleaned it up and is now
running fine.
Thanks again, wishing I could go to the "other" Portland next year.....
Tim Hutchisen
'71 TR-6
"shine she may,run she must"