So, why do my RPMs climb when I get hot

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: So, why do my RPMs climb when I get hot
From: "Shapiro - Kenneth J." <kshapiro@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:22:18 -0400 (EDT)

Well, not when I get hot, but when my GT6+ does. I've checked
the timing and dwell, flushed and filled the cooling system
and gone to a 160 thermostat. I also installed the heating
system for the first time in years...the PO had snapped the
adaptor off of the rear of the manifold and just gone around the
whole heater loop with a long hose. Anyway, I've cooled things
off somewhat, but now my water pump is spewing water out of that
slot (?) to the right side of the  water pump body.

My real question is about this...as she gets hotter, the idle
gets higher...like 2,000-2,200. Hell, I can drive with my foot
off the gas. What explains this phenomenon?

ken shapiro (slave to a GT6+)
baltimore, maryland

KC81872L