POWER WASH PAINT STRIPPING

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: POWER WASH PAINT STRIPPING
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 18:30:23 EDT
I have been performing the arduous task of stripping paint off of my TR3A
using a chemical stripper, wire brush and scraper.  Needless to say it takes
1 to 2 hours per wing for both inside and out paint removal.  I am using
KLEAN STRIP aircraft remover as recommended by the paint shop, by the way if
anyone knows a better brand, let me know.  It works quite well but burns like
hell if it gets on your skin, even in very minute quantities.(be very careful
to avoid puncturing your gloves!)

To make a long story short I borrowed a friend's power washer (2000 psi) to
facilitate the process.  I applied paint stripper to the spare tire hatch and
then waited the appropriate time for the chemical to do it's magic.  I then
used the power washer to remove the paint and it took only about 1 minute to
get down to bare metal.  YESSSS!!  I'm a believer, now if I couuld only do
the same thing with the surface rust!

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A