VTR 99

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR 99
From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 16:02:05 -0500
Listers

Back home Monday evening after a overnight stay in Elmira, NY Took the same
route both ways. I-70, Bypass around Columbus, I-71, Bypass around
Cleveland, I-90, 17, I-88, I-90, Outer loop around Boston, I-95 to
Portland. Anyone wanting a nice easy drive, try 17 through Western New
York. Very scenic and hardly any traffic. 1100+ miles one way.

I drove my Cherokee with trailer, GT-6, family going out to Portland and
drove a 76 TR 6 back. One of our Club members(Pat Pinkston) had some
medical misfortunes while in Portland, so I drove his car home while Mrs B
followed with Jeep, etc. I didn't like the circumstances but I had
forgotten how much fun a TR6(250) is to drive on the open road. All of you
who know Pat and his wife realize that they have driven this car all over
the US and I'm sure will wish them well. I also want to tthank all of those
that helped Friday AM with Pat, especially Jack Nixon and all of those
other Triumph faithful who showed so much concern the rest of the weekend.

We had a great time throughout our entire stay. My son and I ran the fun
rally and I got to autocross. Saturdays car show was very cool as 300+
Triumphs converged together. I was lucky enough to help judge the Italia, a
1200 Herald, several TR 7's and 3 Stags.

Hats off to Ken, Tom and all the other New England Triumph members as well
as all the VTR Officers and Board Members who made our family vacation so
enjoyable this year.

My favorite line heard while there - "Is that a Saab?" Must of thought it
was Chris Hansel's car and "Is that really your real name?". My favorite
road sign was Caution moose crossing or area.

Regards
Tom Beaver
Indy