Re: another Spit newbie question...

To: jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another Spit newbie question...
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 00:49:04 EDT
In a message dated 03-Aug-99 18:41:02 Eastern Daylight Time,
jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com writes:

> What's the story on wires for a late Spitfire?
>  I realize that they are not cheap.  That they can be a hassle.  That
>  they need TLC.
>  What about spindles for the front.  What about the rears.  The spline
>  mountings,  all that.
>  Is this more trouble than it's worth?
>  Judy, bless her, says "I want wire wheels".  Now, since she is
>  INTERESTED in this project you think I'm likely to say "no"?

Jim, don't know about Spit wires but I sumise they should be similar to any
Triumph config.  However, go to www.vtr.org and in the maintenance section
check out the two articles on wire wheels.  That will give you some idea of
what is involved (hub adapters, etc.).  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner -- always wire wheels)