TR "Air Conditioning"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR "Air Conditioning"
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 12:55:35 -0400
Just got back from VTR and my wife, who couldn't make the trip, presented me
with a most remarkable gift. Unfortunately, she got it from QVC, but that's
a small price to pay. Also unfortunately, it didn't arrive until AFTER I
left for Portland...would've been a lifesaver as, even in Portland, 90's and
humid.

It's called the "Cool Blast" and basically, its a pressurized water tank
with a hose, nozzle and valve. You fill it up with water (and ice if you
like), pump it up to pressurize and hit the road. When you get too warm
(imagine that in a TR3!!) just open the valve and spray yourself. Comes out
in a VERY fine mist so you're not soaked; and on exposed body parts, it
begins to evaporate immediately - REALLY does a good job cooling you off!
Doesn't even fog your sunglasses! Would have been OUTSTANDING at the
autocross and on the show field Saturday!!

It's about 3" diameter x 12" long with an 36" tube and nozzle. Cost about
$16 from QVC. No idea if it's available elsewhere, but if you see one, or
something similar, I highly recommend it!

Just thought I'd pass it along. No financial interest, yada, yada - just
think it's a really "cool" product!

Michael Ferguson
Vernon, CT
1959 TR3A