Heater Valve Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Valve Question
From: "Shapiro - Kenneth J." <kshapiro@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:27:35 -0400 (EDT)

I just received a new heater valve for my 1970 GT6+ from
Spitbits (much cheaper than Vicky Brit...wondering why). Anyway,
before I install it, I wanted to know if it's a "goodie"...the
arm that actuates the opening and closing of the valve sits in
the middle of the track upon which it travels. I need to push
it to close it and pull it to open it. It's spring merely
returns it to a middle position...neither open all the
way or closed all the way. Is this correct? I assumed that the
cable would open it and that when the cable was pushed the
other way, the spring would close the valve. The way this one
is, the cable would actaully have to PUSH it closed.

ken