[Fwd: TR6 water pump]

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: TR6 water pump]
From: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:07:29 -0400
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:07:05 -0400
From: Keith Ehrlich <kehrlich@dyax.com>
To: trumpet@bellsouth.net
Subject: TR6 water pump

> I think it's the
> water pump.  What do you think?  I think I can actually change it.  What
> do you think?   $75 from Victoria BC.  What do you think?

I blew mine also in my 74 TR6 a week ago. If you fill with water and run
tha engine and its running out from behind the water pump pulley, its a
goner.I got mine from British Parts Connection ( Moss distributor) for
$75 including delivery. It was a snap to install. The things I learned
were the studs may come out along with the mounting bolts. I just went
to the auto parts store and bought new ones rather than try to separate
them. You might just want to order the studs and bolts from VB along
with the pump. Use Permatex high performance ( red) loctite on those
studs to keep them in. Also, make sure you get an extra gasket in case
you screw up and need to redo or in case they forget to put one in the
box. Finally, use Permatex gasket shellac on each mounting surface to be
sure of an absolutely watertight seal with that paper gasket.

Good luck

Keith