Re: TR4A Total electrical failure

To: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: TR4A Total electrical failure
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 08:28:09 -0400
Randall, One thought.....
I have electronic ignition.  It uses a remote box with a few wires going
to the distributor.  Does this change the hotwiring technique?  This
Pirranha brand system was on the car when I bought it, so I do not
know its wiring.  It is probably wired the same as any electronic
ign, except the Pertronics type in the cap.

-Tony

Message text written by Randall
>Until you get the problem solved, carry some clip leads in the trunk.
(I make my own, but you can buy a package of 10 from Radio Shack for
about $15.)  If you get stuck where you don't want to troubleshoot, run
a chain of clip leads from the battery hot terminal to the coil hot
terminal (this will give you ignition), then use another one to
temporarily connect the small terminal on the starter solenoid to the
hot terminal (this will crank the engine).  You may or may not have
lights (stop, head, tail, turn), and the generator may or may not
charge, but the engine will run.<