TR4A Total electrical failure

To: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: TR4A Total electrical failure
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 12:26:17 -0400
Well, as I drove to work today I cane to a light and stopped,
so did the electrical system, engine and everything.  The
generator light did not come on.  I tried to start, and nothing.

I twiddled the key and after a couple of tries it worked.

On the way home, it did it again, but this time twiddling did nothing.
I almost needed a tow, but it came back, possibly due to a little more
fiddling elsewhere.

WHat do you think is going on, where, and what do I do?

Here is what I did to get it working, (if it had anything to do with it)

I pushed and pulled the spade connections of the two wires on the starter
solenoid.  Immediately after, the systems were working.  Is this the solution,
or am I fooling myself?

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com