Fram Oil Filters on the '6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fram Oil Filters on the '6
From: "The Garrisons" <garrison@dsl-only.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:05:28 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <rknize@interaccess.com>
So I've used Fram filters for years.  Many years.  Swore by 'em.  Would use
nothing else.

Recently visited the web site of the guy who did the oil filter survey when
it was a topic on this list
(http://minimopar.simplenet.com/oilfilterstudy.html).  Mr. Knize did not
like Fram oil filters.  A bit discouraging, since his study seemed pretty
reasonable and straightforward.

Last week I did an oil change on the '6.  Pulled off the Fram oil filter
and...  its guts were sucked up against the face.  Probably not good.  Had
this happened to me before?  Would I have noticed?  Or was I just paying
attention because of Mr. Knize's study?  Who knows.

So now the question is:  Who's air filter do I switch to???

- GeneG