GT-6 MKIII fuel tank-related

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT-6 MKIII fuel tank-related
From: William Hooper <rotoflex@rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:53:31 -0700 (PDT)
The GT-6 fuel tank goes away for boiling & baking!

1.  Does anybody know of a source for rubber bits
Part #144510 Ring, sealing, feed pipe
Part #131155 Grommet, bulkhead
Part #600395 Grommet, trunk floor

No mention of them in the VB catalog....

2.  The fuel sending unit has a VERY stiff travel, 1/2
teaspoon of gas in the float with no hole of course, &
mightily rusted cover of the innards.  Is there any hope
of rehabilitating it?  What kind of paint is not dissolved
by gasoline?  I have a phobia about removing any original
part from the car.  Do I just haveta get another?

3.  Non-fuel tank-related...I have been tormented for
almost two decades now, since the radiator was replaced,
that the current radiator does not have that cool little
valve doodad on it for the emissions control stuff...part
#90/611428 Thermostatic vacuum switch (& its associated
mount part #158305 Adaptor, thermostatic vacuum switch).
Has anybody seen those guys?

===

William Hooper    <wjh@mindless.com>