Re: VTR Convention, or is it camping?

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, egil@kvaleberg.no
Subject: Re: VTR Convention, or is it camping?
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 09:18:14 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/11/99 8:41:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
egil@kvaleberg.no writes:

<< I should hasten to explain that camping
 > is a pastime enjoyed by some inhabitants of the old world, where the act
 > of sleeping does not involve Holiday Inn[2], but instead lying on the grass
 > with a thin piece of suspended cloth separating you from the world outside

Lessee... as I sit in my living room watching the 6 ft alligator cruise up
the canal behind the house, I can't help but wonder when the last gator and
rattler left Norway?

I know all the Scandehoovians (including most of my ancestors) moved to
Minnesota so they'd be in conditions just like they left behind, but I've
always wondered whether the mosquitos (Minnesota state bird) are as bad in
the old country?  Forget the gators and snakes, mosquitos are why they
invented Holiday Inns.

Cheers...
Don Marshall
Jacksonville, FL
'57 TR3   '63 TR3B   '64 TR4   '67 TR4A   '71 Stag