TR6 Brake - part deux

To: 6packlist@mfasco.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Brake - part deux
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 20:57:37 -0400
Fellow listers,

My last post contained the plea for help. Here's some additional info on
my brake system rebuilt.

The rebuilt master cyl was from White Post. Nice work IMHO. A tad pricy
but all in all worth it.

The brake lines are stainless from Classic Tube. For the most part all
is ok there. However there were a couple of problems. When the box first
came, it was poorly packed. All the lines were "dumped" in the box
without any packing material to cushion them. The two longest ones were
damaged in shipment. I returned them to Classic when I found the damage.
Unfortunately I had to hound them daily to replace them. They wanted to
put me at the back of the queue, which I wouldn't stand for. If I had
not been persistent, I likely would still be waiting for the tubes. When
they finally arrived, the one from the PDWA to the 2-way still wasn't
right. I had to get the tube bender out and "correct it". Also, the line
from the master cylinder to the PDWA would not seal. I ended up putting
the old one back on. No problems after that.

Thought you would like to know.....

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6
Painesville OH