Re: Ignition light revisited

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Subject: Re: Ignition light revisited
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:30:59 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I've got a couple of Lucas alternators on my workbench right now that I'm
playing
with , along with a Bosch and a GM unit.. I'm deciding how I'm going to upgrade
my
TR3 and Stag.

Without some specialized tools and experience, I wouldn't recommend  trying to
troubleshoot one of them. The regulator is sealed and  the diodes are pressed
into a
heat sink assembly

Have you checked to see if your alternator warning lamp is good? Since some
alternators get field winding current through the lamp for "bootstrapping" if
the
lamp is no good your alternator may not work.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm