Re: TR6 rear springs

To: "Donald L. Gilbert, Jr." <Webmaster@infinitefx.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear springs
From: Gary Ganoung <gg07165@spectra.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 09:26:35 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Donald L. Gilbert, Jr. wrote:

> I am about to take out the rear springs on my TR6.  I know the shock
> link has to come off, but then what?
>
> Thanks
>
> Don
>
> --
> Donald L. Gilbert, Jr.
> Webmaster, Infinite Effects Web Page Creation
>
> mailto:webmaster@infinitefx.com
> http://www.infinitefx.com for Custom Web Page Design
>
> 1968 Jeep J-3000 Gladiator
> 1987 Shelby Charger
> Ligonier, Pennsylvania
> Currently working in Virginia
I just replaced the rear springs on my 74 TR6 with mild competition fro
Vicky Brit.  after removing the shocks completely from the frame (to
check oil levels),I ended up removing the half shafts from the
differential.  This lowered the trailing arms enough to remove the
springs and put in the new ones including rubber busings without using a
spring compressor.  It took some extra time to remove the 4 bolts that
hold in the half shaft but it was worth it.
Incidently, I am VERY pleased with the effect on ride height the new
springs have, up about 1.5" and handling and ride quality is much
improved.
Gary