TR6 wiring

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: TR6 wiring
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 22:00:55 -0400
Gernot writes:
>Would someone be able to e-mail me the correct wiring diagram for a 74 US
>spec?
>Still trying to sort out odds and ends with the wiring, fr instance there
>was a purple and yellow wire dangling from the od relay (or the horn
relay)
>Plus the relay was wired weird according to my 72 diagram, but what do I
>know, the od works fine (apart from that it doesn't disengage in reverse,
>but I know that.)
>Apart from that the horns still don't work, so any suggestions welcome.
>recall, the button is ok, the horns are ok, may be the relay, if so how to
>test?)
>
>Thanks, Gernot

Gernot

The Yellow/Purple wire runs from the OD relay to the OD solenoid.   If your
OD works
without it then someone has rewired your system.  But then we know that
since it
engages in reverse.

But then the Purple/Yellow wire connects the horn relay to the horns.  This
means
you need to check to see if the wire is mostly Purple with a yellow tracer
or mostly
yellow with a Purple tracer.  If it is really Purple/Yellow then this would
explain why
your horns don't work.  Fix that wire and see if it is fixed.

Dave