RE: TR3 mystery bolts>

To: jaltman@altlaw.com, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 mystery bolts>
From: wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 08:54:00 -0400
They're 2 3/4" apart horizontally, and 1 1/2" apart vertically. The heads
are in the footwell, and the bolts attach to captured nuts that are in the
wheel well, as opposed to the engine compartment. So it looks as though
they're supposed to hold something in place in the passenger compartment.
I've been taking this car apart for a couple of years now, so I'm beginning
to wonder if maybe I took something out of there, replaced the bolts, and
forgot.
Just a couple of months after getting the car I had this birthday that
imposed a step function (down) on my memory. Now I understand why everybody
keeps saying how critical it is to label everything. I guess I'll really
have fun when I reinstall the wiring harness, but at the time, I figured I
could do it with a combination of wiring diagram, common sense, and memory;
now I've only got two out of three (some would argue less).
Jim (still wondering about the bolts) Wallace