TR 6 engine differences

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 engine differences
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 11:41:16 +0200
Hello all,

some weeks ago someone forwarded an EMAIL of someone in Germany with 2 truck
trailers full of Triumph parts to the list. Last week I visited this man and
found a very impressive collection of used parts, mainly from Triumphs. Said
man, Corvette Stingray owner, knows very little about Triumphs and tryed even
sell me a Big Healy engine as a TR 6 engine.

However I thought I found a good engine for my TR 6 with the correct prefix
"CC", number 83725, and bougt it after extensive inspection. It has no flywheel
and no manifolds on it and I didn t care because I thought I could use the
parts
from my original  "CC 31998" engine.

What I found out until now is that my early "CC" flywheel and inlet manifold
seem not to fit.

Question: If I manage to get a late inlet manifold and a late flywheel, will
everything else from my early engine fit (carburettors, starter motor, clutch
etc.) or is there someting else I should know. Any experiences or opinions.

Gerhard Wiederholl

1969 TR 6