Re: TR3-A Slow clutch

To: amdixon@erols.com
Subject: Re: TR3-A Slow clutch
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 19:28:56 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/30/99 6:12:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
amdixon@erols.com writes:

<< I have a clutch that acts similar to an automatic; I can pop the clutch and
 it slides in slowly, just like I was taking off normally (well, a little
 slower). >>

This may be a long shot but it sounds like the hydraulic fluid is being held
up somewhere. A few years back I had a similar thing happen to the lf caliper
on the TR4. Turned out to be the flexible brake line. Apparently a bubble can
form in the inner lining of these things and will restrict the release of
pressure after the pedal is released.
If it was me I would try replacing this line first. Much cheaper and easier
than pulling the trans.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B