Re: Car Insurance

To: "Stephen J. Swift" <sjswift@cby.com>
Subject: Re: Car Insurance
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 06:33:13 +0200
Cc: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Stephen,
it's as easy as the fact we administer this insurance scheme our-
selves in the Swedish classic car movement. On a non profit basis.
And with only 2.5 persons employed to handle the bureaucratic
parts - all the rest of the work is voluntary staff. [My every-
day WV Jetta cost roughly double the TR8 figure, still with un-
limited mileage...] And the lawyers in Sweden are occupied with
what they should do, help criminals defend themselves in court.

Your legislation, on suing the pants off each other, isn't to be
found in the Swedish book of laws. We've learned from Your mis-
take. - Or maybe we have a more matured legislation and legal
system... It dates back to the 1500s... I don't think neither
lawyers, nor the practise of suing somebody was invented then...
Stay well - and away from the courts...
/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,