no Triumphs in the UK?

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: no Triumphs in the UK?
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:40:54 -0500
I just returned from two weeks in England and Scotland where I saw
only TWO Triumphs during the entire trip.  I saw a Stag in London
traffic on the first day of the trip and a Spitfire in Burford on
the next to last day.  It was parked in front of a repair shop.  Never
saw one at all in Scotland.  There just don't seem to be many Triumphs
at all.  And I was really looking for them.  I did see about two dozen
MGBs though.  Can anyone tell me why there are so few Triumphs in the UK?

Tim Gaines
1974 TR6
1980 Spitfire