wheel studs, oil filler cap restoration-gt6+

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: wheel studs, oil filler cap restoration-gt6+
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:52:50 EDT
Cc: kcope@ultranet.com
Did the damaged wheel stud yesterday. very easy job. It's not even necessary
to pull the brake shoes, allthough a set of needle nose pliers and a magnetic
pickup tool come in handy. I used my impact wrench to reseat the new stud.
         I had to replace My Oil filler cap because the gasket material was
beginning to crack and crumble. Is it possible to replace the gasket material
and rivet on the old cap? the original looks classier than the replacement.
                                                                      Thanks

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784