Post TS60000 TR3 Roll-bar support question

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Post TS60000 TR3 Roll-bar support question
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:16:03 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a street-type roll bar to put in the new project.  The bar normally
bolts to the top and front of the rear deck shelf.  Since the body and
chassis have not seen each other in over a year and probably not for another
6 months or so, I thought that I would look into welding a steel
reinforcement bridge that would lay up under the top front edge of the
shelf.  The bar could then be anchored to something other than just sheet
metal.

Questions:  Is there enough clearance between the drive shaft/differential
and the body?
How can I located the bridge point?   I know I can calculate the height but
I need some kind of reference to determine where it goes and to determine
span, etc.
Any suggestions?  I thought about measurement from the body mount points and
maybe the back end of the frame.

Or - if there isn't enough clearance for something to go all the way across,
I thought about a triangular shaped support.
How are racing type bars anchored to the frame?

Is there anyone willing to help with obtaining the info?  Or anyone have any
thoughts to aid in the process?

As always - Thanks
Later,
Carl F. Musson,

You can't tell which way the car went by just looking at the road...
TR3A's - TS25264L ('58 Almost Daily Driver)
& TS81802LO - ('61 Concours d'Wannabe)
Tampa, Florida (USA)