Too many Spits (Long rambling)

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Too many Spits (Long rambling)
From: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:19:03 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Listers, I have a big problem(s). Over the past few years, I've picked up
four Spitfires (two '70 Mark IVs with 1500 engines and a '73 and '79) and
loads of parts.

While I have one main Spitfire I really want to keep ( '70 with its own
running parts car), in the back of my mind, I'd like to have three or four
running. I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that it's not going to
happen. Yet, I hate the idea of giving up on some of them.

Basically, I just don't have the space for everything (a 12 x 20 shed). So,
while I am really having a hard time thinking about this, I suppose my
options are two:

One) off to the salvage yard with the '73 and '78, and taking the reusable
parts off. I really dislike this option.

Two) sell some of my many parts with the provision that the buyer has to
take a car or two. The big problem here is how much to charge for parts.

What parts? A partial list might include: 5 sets of carbs, including 40 DCOE
Webers, downdraft Weber, 1 1/4 " SUs, manual Stomberg, water choke Stomberg.
3 trannys, 4 extra engines, including 2 1500s (one the high compression
'76), 1296, 1147. A couple of hoods/bonnets. Early style hard top. And on
and on.

Anyway, if you would like to throw some advice my way, please do.

Tom Ambrose (Older, but not  wiser)
Michigan