Re: TR4 vs TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 vs TR6
From: John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:45:08 +0100
Hi everyone,
                I have been following the TR4/TR6 debate with
great interest.
However as I recall this was not a competition to decide which car
was best. They come from different periods and are both worthy types,
it all comes down to personal choice.

As a TR4 owner going through a body off rebuild I wonder how many
TR6 owners realise the extent of body panels that are basically common
to TR4s and TR6s.

Most of the internal panels including the scuttle are identical as are the
doors except for a change to the latch. The B posts are also interchangeable
again with the exception of the door latch.

What a pity Triumph never put the 6 cylinder engine into a TR4 chassis !

John Dowson