re: TR6 vs.TR4

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: TR6 vs.TR4
From: "Jack Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:40:57 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,
Since no one has stepped up to the plate in defense of our beloved '6s, I
feel compelled to give my reasons for selecting the TR6 as my car of choice.
First of all, I like the styling better as well as its profile on the road
(the "sqat" is killer).  It may not be faster or have more torque, but it
sure looks like it does! .  If the UK version had been sent to the states,
we would not be having this discussion. And the performance potential would
appear to be greater. A stage 2 Paeco engine is rated at 183hp for the '6,
and 147hp for the '4. There are also supercharging options available for the
'6.

I have also owned both, and for me the '6 does it. I am not saying one is
better than the other, both have their pluses and minuses.

 Just keep it in the Triumph family!

Just one opinion of a happy TR6 owner.
Jack '74 TR6