Re: TR6 oil pressure relief valve

To: "TR: Cameron Greig" <tr6greig@globalnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: TR6 oil pressure relief valve
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:20:10 -0400
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
>Hi all
> Went out last night to "simply" remove the oil pressure relief valve from
>the 6,check the spring and replace if required.I hate situations like
this,I
>found the right size socket,plenty room,but I couldn't move the thing.I
>could have put more pressue on the socket but the prospect of sheering the
>valve just didn't bare thinging about.Any thoughts on this,is it safe to
>pile on the pressure?
>
>Thank
>Cameron

Back on line at last!  With a new E-Mail address, too.

I wouldn't mess with it.  As I recall you didn't have a dangerously low
oil pressure when I drove the car.  And it didn't make any unfriendly
noises
either.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Work on speakers for the stereo instead.

Dave (made it back safely) Massey
St. Louis, MO, USA