RE: TR4 overTR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 overTR6
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:53:08 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
smooth - not full of potholes"!

HA HA HA HA HA !!!! LOL

Obviously, this person has never been to the North Eastern US!

I have to say that while maybe some have found the IRS to be problematic --
it's a very, very useful thing on the rough secondary roads of PA and say,
Hunterdon County, NJ where I do most of my "fun" driving...

I feel like my 4A is the best of both "TR" worlds. I get the bulletproof and
easily tunable 4cyl with the smoother riding and better roadholding IRS! But
you guys are  right, the pre-IRS chassis is more rugged...and stiffer too...

I love all triumphs! Every one has more character than any modern car. You
can't really go wrong with a TR4 especially....the "6cyl is faster thing" is
just a myth, file it with "Triumphs are unreliable."

Chris Lillja
'66 TR4A
'74 Norton Commando 850
'71 Spit MKIV