TR4's vs 6's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4's vs 6's
From: Johntr6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 21:32:00 EDT
I'm a long-time 6 owner who is presently looking at a 65 TR4. Needs work but
not a total restore. Aside from the stylish Michelotti body, does anyone out
there speak strongly for this model? Some call it a "transition", and there
isn't much difference mechanically from the TR3's, is there? The 4 cylinder
is nice and simple, but speed and acceleration don't measure up to previous
and later models, according to what I've read. Can one squeeze more
compression from the block? Can it be made into a lively little car?     Any
comments?    John