Re: Paint ID for '70 Spitfire

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: Paint ID for '70 Spitfire
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:10:53 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Chip19474@aol.com
Andy,
Good show!  That one totally alluded me.  but it does make sense.  I am
used to seeing the number expressed with the two segments together but
separated into two segments and listed as Paint and Trim codes, it was
not real obvious.

Now, if the plate is indeed a reproduction plate (as I have suspected)
that has been restamped, the po might have used the segments of the body
plate as the paint and trim codes thinking that is what they
represented.

The saga gets stranger and stranger!!!

Joe

--