Factory installed windscreens

To: "Barry Schwartz" <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Factory installed windscreens
From: "Fredd" <sec@traveller.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:41:03 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Barry,

Yes, it's true.

Ok, I have been lurking for to long.
Short introduction, I'm from Belgium but live in the US since 90.
In the early 70's, I worked for a couple years in the Triumph assembly plant
in Mechelen (Malines called in most TR books)
I was in  the publicity department (still have some nice press release
pictures, contact me of list for scans), but we spent a lot of time in the
assembly area's with visitors and magazine writers.
What the man told you about a rubber mallet was common practice at the time
with these windshields, and not only at Triumph, but by most car
manufacturers.
Still today, if I have to put a windshield in a TR or a Porsche 911, I use a
rubber mallet, or the palm of my hand (take wedding band off), and as long
as you know how to do it, you wont break any.

Since in doing this reply, another question;
Are there any other Belgian TR nuts on this list ?
I was one of the first TR Register, Belgium group, members after we started
this in 1979.

Fredd
(certified TR nut since 1969)