Re: source for pebble-grain board?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: source for pebble-grain board?
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:03:24 -0400
Mark Gendron wrote:

> I'd like to find some pebble grain pressboard like that which TRF supplies
> as a front petrol tank cover for the early TR3. It's about 3/32" thick, and
> feels like something in between cardboard and masonite. The finished surface
> is black with a pebble grain pattern. Is this a common type of material that
> might be available somewhere in sheets, or is it only manufactured to order
> in specific configurations?
>
> Thanks
> -mg

Mark,

Try a large auto top and upholstery shop.  The material to ask for is 'package
shelf
board'.  I've been able to get several pieces for free as 'scraps'.  There are
a few
different textures to pick from and I think the whole sheets are 30"x72" at
about $10
- $15 per.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars