Mounting tires

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mounting tires
From: Skip Osmundsen <gosmund@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:17:06 -0400
Hello all,
I'm planning to replace the tires on my TR6 (disc wheels)and have read
the article on the VTR site by a Mr. Bob Lang.   He mentions that when
you get the tires mounted to ...< try to get them to use a MAG machine,
not the regular unit....   .... that if they try to mount the "normal"
way they might bend your rims.>

Can someone explain what he means by a MAG machine, and what is the
so-called "regular unit" and why would it bend the rims?   I want to be
armed with the right info  and be able to use the correct terminology
when I take the tires to be mounted, -- don't want to come off
looking like a dummy.  I've seen my share of tires unmounted, mostly by
machines which use hydraulic assistance to break loose the bead,  is
this the "regular unit"?

Thanks for any help.
Skip Osmundsen
'76 TR6